- The materials we use are standard in the industry. The sheets we install in your crawl space are made of 6-20 mil polyethylene and secured with tape if needed.
- A lining with this material will need to be replaced every 25 years to ensure continued protection. In order to maintain the materials and moisture protection for at least 25 years, the homeowner should avoid tearing or putting holes in the sheets. We encourage you to avoid storing any items in the crawl space.
- We will ensure 80% coverage according to SC standards.
- The cost for a moisture barrier installation and materials varies and depends on the size of the area being covered.
- Moisture barriers should be installed after the construction of a new home is completed.
Moisture Barrier & French Drain System
If you have moisture issues, a French Drain System and a moisture barrier are usually installed at the same time. Cost of installation varies and depends on the area of coverage.
Learn About French Drain System
French Drain System
The materials we use are standard in the industry. They include corrugated/perforated pipe, #5 gravel, and a Zolar M-53 sump pump housing.
Steps for Installing French Drain System
- Dig out soil to create ditch lines around the inside of the foundation wall
- ditch lines start at a depth of 12 inches and are measured to ensure they taper & flow down hill
- Install at least 4 inches of gravel in bottom of ditches followed by corrugated pipe.
- Dig out soil to install sump pump and housing
- Dig pump housing depth at least 10 inches deeper than the deepest ditch line so that the ditch lines will feed the pump and prevent standing water in ditch lines.
- Install pump inside the housing. Plumbing will extend from the pump and exit beneath the wall through existing pipe that leads to drainage ditch.
- Install GFI (Ground Fault Interrupts) so that the flow of electricity to the sump pump will be shut off in case of pump electrical problems. State law requires the installation of a GFI with the installation of a French Drain System.
- Install moisture barrier that covers at least 80% to keep moisture levels down to a normal level.
All drains come with a full guarantee at time of completion. Any additions and/or changes to the structure at ground level which may interfere with the drain are excluded. In order to keep the drain warranty, an annual inspection is required. This inspection may be completed at the time of the termite inspection if treatment has been performed. If treatment has not been performed, annual fee for pump warranty to be in effect.
Hear from our satisfied customers!
- I have used MDE Pest Services for 2 years now. I have nothing but rave reviews! They are very quick and efficient with scheduling and will get to your property as soon as they can. They work around your schedule personally as much as they can as well. I get basic pest control indoor and outdoor at my home and if after they spray anything comes back that shouldn’t be there they gladly come back out to do a re-spray or touch ups as necessary. They have a great product and wonderful staff and I will never think about calling another pest control company. I like it a lot as well because it is family owned for more than 40 years and the owners are very hands-on which makes me and I am sure other clients much more trust worthy of their services. If you have a pest control company I would suggest calling them to get an alternate quote and if you do not currently get pest control then you should start… I promise you will not regret it.Casi RobinsonCatering & Sales Manager at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Greenville, SC
- I am writing this to tell you just how pleased I have been with MDE. My Dad uses MDE for all his exterminating needs, and has since I was in High School. I met Mike Davis when he came out to do the first service for my Dad. He probably thought I was a pest for asking so many questions. He struck me as knowledgeable about what he was doing, and friendly. When I grew and bought a business and then a house, there was no question who I would use. The service has always been timely and great. Thirty something years later my father and I are still pleased with the reliability of MDE.Jack GormanGreer, SC
- I not only highly recommend MDE, I encourage you to call them. The staff there is responsive, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. We had an outside wedding at our house in the month of May and thanks to them, there were no mosquitoes, fire ants or unwanted critters to bother our guests or spoil our special day.Karen DyeCreative Home Staging Services in Travelers Rest, SC
- I have used the services of MDE Pest Services, Inc. at my home, my parents’ home and my office. I cannot say enough good things about the company, its owners and its employees. They discovered and solved problems under our building that our previous company had never uncovered, making me wonder if they had ever even looked under our building at all! In addition to providing excellent service for a great value, they are readily available for special requests/needs, and are professional and friendly. I would highly recommend them to any home or business owner for inspections, CL-100 reports, and contractual annual service/treatments for all your pest control needs.Meredith C. NoonAttorney at Law of Noon and Hammett, LLC in Greenville, SC
- We have been using MDE pest for our home since before we bought it. They were very responsive in getting the inspection done to ensure we were getting a home free of moisture and termites. We continue to use them for our pest control services because of the quality of their customer service that is delivered by exceptional team members. I highly recommend MDE for any pest control needs that my friends and family may have.Matt Cobb Southern Traditions Window Fashions in Simpsonville, SC
- I have been using MDE Pest Services since 2009 and they always go the extra mile for me. They are thorough and always ask to make sure I have not had any problems. The technicians are always on time and very friendly. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs home pest control.Michelle WoodHome Owner in Spartanburg, SC
- If you have termites, bees, or ants all you want is for them to be gone. MDE can take care of all of these while you are away at work. They have treated all my pest problems with one phone call and a note is on my door when I return home at the end of the day. They are truly a problem solver for a job you do not want to do yourself.Joe FarmerHome Owner in Greenville, SC
- MDE Pest Services takes care of my pest control needs for both my home and business. Each service tech, office worker and owner that I have interacted with has been polite, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with. They take care of ensuring that service happens each month/quarter as is necessary. They work around my busy schedule, and the job is always done in a timely and effective manner. I highly recommend MDE for anyone in need of pest control!Amanda EllisOwner & Wellness Coach at NutriZONE in Greenville, SC