Termite Control Service & Pricing
(Commercial & Residential Treatments Available)
Termite Control Procedure:
- The best methods to handle termite issues are a combination of preventative methods and regular inspections.
- There is a wide range of possible termite treatments and preventative methods, so we advise that you get a proper termite inspection to receive an accurate estimate for treatment cost.
Termite Inspection Process:
- To prepare for the termite inspection, please remove items from the baseboards so that we may visually inspect for any signs of termites.
- We provide a visual inspection inside and outside your home. We will inspect in and around your living space and also the crawl space and/or basement. The inspection costs between $125-$250.
- We will provide an estimate for termite treatment at the time of inspection.
Termite Treatment Process:
- There is a wide range of possible termite treatments and preventative methods.
- If we determine treatment is needed, we will dig a trench around the outside of the structure’s foundation, around the inside of the foundation, and around foundational pillars in order to effectively saturate surrounding soil with termiticide. The treatment time process varies per structure and normally lasts approximately 1 day.
- We may need to drill holes through existing concrete of a patio, garage floor, or porch in order to reach the ground beneath & inject termiticide. These drilled holes will then be patched to blend in with the surrounding surface.
- We may use termite bait stations to attract termites, monitor termite activity, and then kill the termites (if an inspection shows activity). Bait stations are inserted into the ground 2-3 feet from the foundation and at intervals of 7-20 feet around the perimeter of a structure.
- We use Premise and Termidor to treat termite infestations. Premise and Termidor can possibly be harmful if they come into contact with skin, are ingested, or are inhaled.
The best way to prevent termite issues is to have annual inspections and ongoing preventative measures that are recommended for your property at the time of inspection. Create a plan with an MDE Pest Services professional to prevent and manage future termite issues.
Termite Identification & Issues
- Termites are small insects about the size of ants.
- Eastern Subterranean Termites are the most common termites in Upstate South Carolina.
- They thrive in dark and moist areas.
- They attack wood and other cellulose materials: flooring, baseboards, drywall, door frames, windows, garage door casings, furniture, paper, and even some types of plastic (almost everything around us contains cellulose).
- Subterranean termites have nests underground.
- They enter through the tiniest of cracks.
- Termites create mud tubes in which to travel, may be visible on the outside of a structure starting from the ground and leading upward.
- They also can leave tiny pinholes on the surface of a cellulose material and when peeled back, may reveal greater damage and disintegration.
Termite Damage to Health or Property:
- Termites cause billions of dollars in property damage every year.
- Homeowners insurance usually does not cover termite damage.
- Damage often remains hidden beneath the surface of a structure; a trained professional eye is needed to spot problems.
- They are most destructive to structural wood.
- Their biological traces of saliva and excrement may cause asthmatic or allergic reactions.
- Structural damage and deterioration will eventually put your physical health at risk.
- Have your property inspected for termites on an annual basis by a professional if you care about protecting your home and your investment.
Information & Resources from Clemson University:
Hear from our satisfied customers!
- I have used MDE Pest Services for 2 years now. I have nothing but rave reviews! They are very quick and efficient with scheduling and will get to your property as soon as they can. They work around your schedule personally as much as they can as well. I get basic pest control indoor and outdoor at my home and if after they spray anything comes back that shouldn’t be there they gladly come back out to do a re-spray or touch ups as necessary. They have a great product and wonderful staff and I will never think about calling another pest control company. I like it a lot as well because it is family owned for more than 40 years and the owners are very hands-on which makes me and I am sure other clients much more trust worthy of their services. If you have a pest control company I would suggest calling them to get an alternate quote and if you do not currently get pest control then you should start… I promise you will not regret it.Casi RobinsonCatering & Sales Manager at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Greenville, SC
- I am writing this to tell you just how pleased I have been with MDE. My Dad uses MDE for all his exterminating needs, and has since I was in High School. I met Mike Davis when he came out to do the first service for my Dad. He probably thought I was a pest for asking so many questions. He struck me as knowledgeable about what he was doing, and friendly. When I grew and bought a business and then a house, there was no question who I would use. The service has always been timely and great. Thirty something years later my father and I are still pleased with the reliability of MDE.Jack GormanGreer, SC
- I not only highly recommend MDE, I encourage you to call them. The staff there is responsive, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. We had an outside wedding at our house in the month of May and thanks to them, there were no mosquitoes, fire ants or unwanted critters to bother our guests or spoil our special day.Karen DyeCreative Home Staging Services in Travelers Rest, SC
- I have used the services of MDE Pest Services, Inc. at my home, my parents’ home and my office. I cannot say enough good things about the company, its owners and its employees. They discovered and solved problems under our building that our previous company had never uncovered, making me wonder if they had ever even looked under our building at all! In addition to providing excellent service for a great value, they are readily available for special requests/needs, and are professional and friendly. I would highly recommend them to any home or business owner for inspections, CL-100 reports, and contractual annual service/treatments for all your pest control needs.Meredith C. NoonAttorney at Law of Noon and Hammett, LLC in Greenville, SC
- We have been using MDE pest for our home since before we bought it. They were very responsive in getting the inspection done to ensure we were getting a home free of moisture and termites. We continue to use them for our pest control services because of the quality of their customer service that is delivered by exceptional team members. I highly recommend MDE for any pest control needs that my friends and family may have.Matt Cobb Southern Traditions Window Fashions in Simpsonville, SC
- I have been using MDE Pest Services since 2009 and they always go the extra mile for me. They are thorough and always ask to make sure I have not had any problems. The technicians are always on time and very friendly. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs home pest control.Michelle WoodHome Owner in Spartanburg, SC
- If you have termites, bees, or ants all you want is for them to be gone. MDE can take care of all of these while you are away at work. They have treated all my pest problems with one phone call and a note is on my door when I return home at the end of the day. They are truly a problem solver for a job you do not want to do yourself.Joe FarmerHome Owner in Greenville, SC
- MDE Pest Services takes care of my pest control needs for both my home and business. Each service tech, office worker and owner that I have interacted with has been polite, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with. They take care of ensuring that service happens each month/quarter as is necessary. They work around my busy schedule, and the job is always done in a timely and effective manner. I highly recommend MDE for anyone in need of pest control!Amanda EllisOwner & Wellness Coach at NutriZONE in Greenville, SC